Some participants in past Penn Cove Water Festival Canoe Races have included
- Chehalis, BC
- Chilliwack, BC
- Lummi Tribe
- Makah Tribe
- Nooksak Tribe
- Samish Tribe
- Skawh Band (BC)
- Skowkale Band of Sto:lo First Nation
- Skowkale First Nation, Chahalis, BC
- Swinomish Tribe
- Tsleil-Waututh Nation in North Vancouver, BC.
Here are photos of the 2015 Penn Cove Water Festival canoe races.
NOTE: If you would like to Sponsor a Race, please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you all for participating and congratulations to the winners.
1) Single Woman Race - Jerry Saia (Coupeville Inn)
2) Single Man Race - John Weber (Nahma Investments)
3) Mixed Doubles Race - Bellingham Unitarian Fellowship – In honor of Gary Piazzon
4) 6 Junior Buckskin Race - Orca Network & the Langley Whale Center - In Honor of "J2/Granny”
5) 6 Buckskin Race - Susan Berta & Howard Garrett
6) 6 Woman Race - Molly McPhearson
7) 6 Man race - Harold Anderson & Terry Bible
8) 11 Jr. Buckskin Race - Coupeville Lions Club
9) 11 Buckskin Race -
10) 11 Woman Race - Penn Cove Shellfish
11) 11 Man race - Penn Cove Shellfish
Family Canoe - The Crow’s Roost
Family Canoes can be seen at the boat launch or out on Penn Cove as they paddle and perform their protocol during the day. They may also come to the Wharf at Front Street and offer rides in their Canoes.
Travel Money for the first 10 Eleven Man Canoes to arrive supported by: bayleaf, Coupe’s Last Stand, Jenne Farm, Jan Picard, Penn Cove Water Festival Association, and The Crow’s Roost.